The following minimum admission requirements have been introduced in order to ensure that Academy learners are able to cope with the demands of the workplace:
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- Language: Literacy Grade 12. The tuition medium is English – all assignments and workbooks have to be completed in English.
- Although not a pre-requisite, we recommend Life Sciences (Biology) and Geography as Grade 12 subjects. Tourism and/or Hospitality Service are also excellent subjects to have.
- Age: 18 to 24 years.
- No criminal record.
- Short CV or résumé.
- Computer literacy: Recommended in e-mail, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Declaration of special needs: Such as learning speed, dyslexia, or any condition that may influence studying, learning and working. If applicable to the learner, a report needs to be submitted to the Academy Board for consideration.
- Declaration of medical conditions: Including allergies, asthma, epilepsy, etc. Working conditions in the Tourism Industry requires long working hours and good health and fitness are prerequisites for success. A report on serious cases has to be submitted by parents for consideration by the Academy Board.
- Declaration of previous transgressions: Such as if a learner was expelled from a previous training institution.
- Declaration of serious accidents in the past five years: Such as motor car accidents.
Parents/Learners are welcome to discuss Entrance Level Requirements with the Training Staff/Principal if there is something that they need to clarify.