Makhato 11 – “Ikhaya Bongracz” – (loosely translated as “house of champagne grass”- so-called due to the champagne that was sprinkled on the thatch at the roof-wetting!)
– This large, spacious executive lodge invites you to relax in the comfortable surroundings and forget the stresses of business. Ikhaya Bongracz is a 6 sleeper lodge just a short 1 ½ hour’s drive from Johannesburg, within the popular Sondela Nature Reserve.
– You can feel the peace descend upon you the moment you open the door, and the warm ambience welcomes you.
– The 3 en-suite bedrooms all have overhead fans, built-in cupboards and dressing tables, and all open out to the grassy plains.
– The main bedroom has a king-size bed with en suite shower, bath, twin basins, separate toilet as well as an outside shower. — There is also a cosy nook bay window where you can enjoy your morning coffee whilst listening to the birds.
– The second bedroom has a queen-sized bed with en suite shower, twin basins and separate toilet, whilst the adjoining third bedroom has two single beds with an en suite bath, twin basins, and separate toilet.
– Each bedroom has glass doors providing a view to the bush and leading outside where visiting nyala, zebra, impala and giraffe are often seen drinking at the nearby waterhole.
– The spacious double volume lounge, dining room and fully fitted kitchen is open plan with overhead fans. The comfortable couches are ideal for relaxing while watching DSTV or reading. There is a guest toilet near the entrance hall.
– The lounge opens out to the covered braai patio and outside boma with fire-pit. There is also a fireplace inside the lounge for those chilly nights.
– The loft has a cosy bar and second TV where friends can gather to watch the latest sport or just enjoy the view.
– The sunsets seen from the top patio are stupendous, and you can sit around the dining table upstairs having relaxing cocktails or an evening dinner overlooking the bush and listening to the night sounds.
firstname.lastname@example.org +27 (0)14 736 8800